The City of Destin is still making good on their promise to explore and (potentially) acquire more land for public beaches.
There has long been a complaint that there isn’t enough parking for beachgoers at the current public beach access points, and even then, the actual public beach is limited in frontage.
With HB 631 being such a hot topic in 2018 followed by the enormous push-back on chair vendors setting up huge rows, city officials “hope to have appraisals of eight Gulf-front parcels completed within about the next two to three months”, according to The Destin Log
According to the City of Destin’s website, there are 13 beach access points within the city limits of Destin. Eleven are city-owned facilities, one site is owned by the county and one site is owned by the state.
Locations of the 8 potential parcels:
- Henderson Beach Villas - 1.11 acres
- Crystal Port - 0.33 acres
- Shores at Crystal Beach East Expansion Parcel - 0.44 acres
- Shores at Crystal Beach East Expansion #2 Parcel - 0.44 acres
- Capri By The Gulf - 2.1 acres
- Tarpon Beach Access Expansion - 2.04 acres
- Sunfish Street - 0.37 acres
- Vacant Lot - 0.32 acres
So what do you think of Destin’s continued pursuit of purchasing more public beach land?
Where is your favorite place to setup?